Also known as ‘’golden milk’’, this is one of my favourite winter booster!
A delicious ayurvedic recipe which has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties..
– 1 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk, preferably almond or coconut milk
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
– ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
– 1 pinch of crushed saffron
– 1 fresh small turmeric root, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
– 1 small piece of ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
– A pinch of black pepper (to activate the turmeric anti-inflammatory properties )
– Ground cinnamon (for serving)
– Optional : a teaspoon of raw honey
PS : If you drink the above in the evening, before going to sleep, it is best not to add the ginger which can be too stimulating.
– Whisk the milk, with the above ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
– Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
Optional : to add a bit of sweetness, when a drinkable temperature is reached, add 1 teaspoon of honey (raw preferably)
You can froth the above preparation to give it a ‘cappuccino’ like effect.
Quickly done and so delicious ! Enjoy.