A delicious soup which will make you feel warm from the inside when it is cold outside. One of my favorite after yoga practice …. so easy and quick to prepare !
1 big spoon of coconut oil ( I suggest coconut oil for frying as it is a short-chain saturated fat that is delicious and perfect for higher-temperature cooking)
3 beetroots (cook and then peel if bought raw, cut into small pieces)
A whole celery,
1 bramley apple
3-4 garlic cloves crushed
1 good chunk of ginger
1 pint of vegetable or chicken stock
1 spoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 orange and 1/2 lemon
Finish with :
A generous drizzle of basil infused olive oil
A handful of mixed seeds and / or grounded nuts to sprinkle on
A dollop of crème fraîche or Greek yogurt
– chop the onions , garlic and ginger
– fry till transparent in the coconut oil
– pour in the stock
– cut up the beetroots into chunks pop into the stock.
– add salt,pepper and squeeze the lemon and orange halves into the mix
– add a teaspoons of ground nutmeg
– cut up the celery, Bramley apple and add to the above.
– cook at a simmering heat for 25 minutes.
– leave to cool down a bit and then liquidise.
– when you serve you can add a little crème fraîche or Greek yoghurt , sprinkle with seeds and/or nuts.
PS: can also be served cold like a Gazpacho.