This is probably my favourite smoothie when I have an early start and don’t have time to prepare a more consistent breakfast. It contains red berries which are packed with antioxidants. I have also added Chia Seeds (great for digestion) and Maca powder to boost energy.
Place the following ingredients (organic preferably) in your blender :
- a good handful of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- a generous spoon of goji berries (which are a great source of essential amino acids, minerals, vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E, linoleic acid, selenium, germanium, and more beta carotene than the common carrot)
- a handful of spinach
- a banana
- a quarter of lime or lemon
- a medjool date (remove the fruit stone)
- a big spoon of chia seeds
- a small spoon of maca powder
- a small spoon of cinnamon
- a glass of almond milk
Optional : To make it more consistent, I also like to add a handful of pure porridge oats.